Super Jane Smith
Jane Smith adores paper & fabric! She has boxes and boxes, drawers and drawers of it, all organized by color. She discovered her love of paper, pattern, fabric and mixed media collage at the Columbus College of Art & Design, where she earned her BFA in Illustration.
After graduating, she followed the love of her life to Los Angeles, where she worked as an Art Director at the novelty children’s book publisher, Intervisual Books. After creating many wonderful titles there, she struck out on her own as an Illustrator & Designer and has been happily freelancing ever since. Jane creates artwork for a wide variety of publishing and licensing clients, specializing in whimsical imagery for children and anyone who has their head in the clouds.
Jane is also a long-time active member of the SCBWI as well as a graduate of the highly-acclaimed Make Art That Sells e-course, taught by Lilla Rogers.
When she’s not making art, Jane reads, meditates, does yoga, cooks, sews and plays with her graphic designer husband & daughter in sunny Wilmington, North Carolina.
Albert Whitman & Company • Art Needlepoint • Babybug Magazine • Design Design • Design House Greetings • Gango Editions • Intervisual Books • Kess InHouse • Ladybug Magazine • Mpix • New Moon Magazine • Peaceable Kingdom • Piggy Toes Press
• Society of Illustrators Los Angeles, Illustration West 51, Gallery Nucleus, Los Angeles, 2013.
• Sketchbook Project 2012 World Tour, iam8bit gallery, Los Angeles, May 2012.
• Harbinger, Hive Gallery, Los Angeles, March 2012.
• Nightmares and Lullabies, Hive Gallery, Los Angeles, February 2012.
• Chain Letter, Shoshana Wayne Gallery, Santa Monica, July/August 2011.
• Not All Stories Begin Once Upon A Time: An SCBWI Illustration Exhibition 2007.
• Once Upon A Summertime: An SCBWI Illustration Exhibition 2006.
• Small Works: Brand Library Group Art Exhibition 2006.
• Storytellers: An SCBWI Illustration Exhibition 2005.
• CCAD Art of Illustration 2002.
• CCAD Annual Art Exhibition 2002, 2001, 2000.